Protection of Personal Information Guidelines on the POPI Act 64
What is the POPI Act?
We respect your right to privacy and therefore aim to ensure that we comply with the legal requirement of the POPI Act which regulates the manner in which we collect, process, store, share and destroy any personal information which you have provided to us.
What information will we collect?
1, Full names
2. Date of Birth
3. ID or Passport number
4. Telephone and cellphone numbers
5. Home address
6. Next of Kin’s name, email and cellphone number
8. Work Telephone numbers
9. Work Address
10. Extensive Medical History
11. Extensive Dental History
Why do we collect Personal Information?
We collect personal information in order to liaise with you telephonically, via our website or email so that we may:
1. Respond to any query or comment received from you
2. Inform you of new services and promotions where financially you get relief on professional treatments you need
3. Enable us to process, validate and verify information and requests for the supply of services
4. For the purposes of making informed accurate diagnosis and plan treatments responsibly and holistically.
5. To treat you effectively and to minimize risks and interactions with other illnesses or medication.
If you are under 18 years of age (minor), we will require the consent of your parent/guardian/competent person before we process such personal information.
Processing of Information
We will share your personal information:
1. in order to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on our company; Protection of Personal Information Guidelines on the POPI Act 65
2. in order to protect and defend the rights or property of our company; and
3. with employees and/or third parties who assist us in providing services to you and thus require your personal information in order to render a proper and efficient service.
We will ensure that all such employees and third party service providers, having access to your personal information, are bound by confidentiality agreements.
Collection of Information by “Cookies”
You are aware that information and data is automatically collected through the standard operation of the Internet servers and through the use of "cookies." "Cookies" are small text files a website can use to recognise repeat users, facilitate the user's ongoing access to and use of the website and allow a website to track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements and targeted advertising. Cookies are not programs that come onto your system and damage files. Generally, cookies work by assigning a unique number to you that has no meaning outside the assigning site.
1. treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
2. take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
3. promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
4. provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request; and
5. We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
Protection of Personal Information Guidelines on the POPI Act 66
ALTHOUGH WE TAKE THE AFOREMENTIONED PRECAUTIONS IN PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE SHALL HOWEVER NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF THE DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION IS BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
You have the right at any time to:
1. rectify the Personal Information collected by us;
2. object to the processing of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
3. request the return or destruction of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
4. lodge a complaint with the company.
Personal Information processed by us may be routed/transferred to a third country or International organization.
The following safety measures will be in place:
Only authorised personnel who signed a confidentiality document will be allowed to process or access your information.
All enquiries must be addressed to the information officer: Dr CLARA ERASMUS, who can be contacted via email at or via telephone on (021) 883 9639.